Techniques of This Section
|1.Concurrency||2. Post Hoc||3. Selected Instances||4. Hasty Generalization|
|5. Faulty Analogy||6. Composition||7. Division||8. Non Sequitur|
- I greatly enjoyed Stephen King’s Pet Sematary so you can be sure that his newest effort, The Talisman, will be just as good.
- We are here in a foreign city with a large group of people who speak a different language from us. They will probably steal our wallets if they have a chance.
- I love to eat oranges. Celery always tastes great to me, and rice is one of my favorite foods. I think that I shall make a salad of all three. It will be delicious.
- Every August my Uncle Frederick visits us here in Florida and my electric bill is the highest of any month in the year. I’m not going to let Uncle Frederick come this August. I need to save some money on my electric bill.
- “Construction workers don’t need more benefits,” said the National Union Representative. “Why, carpenters in Florida make $12 per hour and bricklayers in Pennsylvania have the best pension plan in the United States.”
- After our Regional Sales Manager visited us last time, three of our fork lifts broke down and two of our best workers became ill for a week. Please don’t invite the manager to our place again. We can’t stand another series of problems.
- Joe must be good soccer player. He was on West View High School’s team the year they won the state championship.
- I couldn’t understand the professor’s lecture on analogies. He’s a very poor teacher.
- School counsellor to a distraught student: “I know you’re worried about taking algebra II next year. Many students in your situation feel the same way. There’s really nothing to be concerned about because you’ve done so well in algebra I this year.”